Our financial planning process is one of partnership with you, built on six fundamental practices:
1. Gathering Data
To make appropriate recommendations on your financial future, we will work with you to understand your present financial position, your financial objectives and needs, and the levels and types of investment that will meet you your needs. At our first meeting, we will provide you with a Financial Services Guide explaining what we can do for you. You will need to provide us with a list of your personal objectives, details of your current financial situation and any relevant information, so that we can offer you the most appropriate advice possible.
Get a FREE one hour consultation
2. Establishing Your Goals
An integral part of the planning process for your financial plan is the identification of your goals and objectives. You should consider:
- the income and asset levels you are seeking
- placing your investments according to your risk profile
- future education expenses
- upgrading the family home
- protecting your income through adequate insurance
- putting in place a will & appointing a power of attorney
- maintaining an agreed level of investment accessibility and flexibility
- maintaining your lifestyle
3. Identifying Financial Issues
We will assess your financial situation by using specialised modelling software and project your expected financial position, identify potential road blocks and mitigate risks based on different strategies. Your current situation, your goals and future plans will all form the basifooters of your financial plan.
END OF FINANCIAL YEAR 2019-20
4. Designing Your Strategy
Having identified your goals and objectives, and assessed your finanical situation, we will formulate an overall strategy.Central to the strategy will be your ‘risk profile’ – your attitude to risk that will principally determine the investments that we will recommend for you.
We will present you with a plan containing clearly identified recommendations relating to your goals and objectives. We will also recommend any actions necessary to remedy shortfalls, for example, in capital or income. Any appropriate documents such as Product Disclosure Statements will be included.
5. Implementing Your Plan
If you agree to proceed with our recommendations, we will implement them on your behalf, or assist you through the process. Leave the hard work to us.
6. Reviewing Your Progress
The preparation and implementation of the financial plan is just the starting point for your partnership with Ian Henry Financial Services. Ongoing services are a vital part of our relationship and can include:
- reviewing progress in achieving your goals & revising strategies as required
- investment portfolio valuations & reviews
- information on new investment and insurance opportunities
- ongoing communications & consultations